Ubuntu Leadership Academy (Saturdays - Jan 11th to April 4th)
Time & Location
About The Event
Under leadership of the founders of Genesis Youth Foundation, Tricia and Sam Gabriel, participants will experience:
- Service learning and community engagement
- Serve as peer mentors in the Genesis’ program
- Meet community leaders, many from the immigrant community
- Go on field trips to visit businesses and colleges
- Leadership workshops & community projects
Participants will gain skills to:
- Learn leadership models and roles
- Participate and seek out service learning and community engagement
- Become financially literate
- Conduct personal visioning and career exploration
and much more....
This program is designed for 15 participants in grades 6 through 9, as well as 4 juniors or seniors in high school. Participants will be placed in groups comprised of 3 to 5 6th through 9th graders, and a high school student who will serve as a project guide. Groups will be tasked with creating a presentation about a change they want to see in their community. The Ubuntu Leadership Academy will culminate on April 4, 2020 when groups will share their presentation at the “I Am Africa” Genesis event and a select group will receive $500.00 to be used toward their service project.
Please complete the Ubuntu Leadership Academy Application form to be considered for this program.
Join us Fridays - Jan 11th to March April 4th, 11am-2pm at Franklin Jr. High