Join us for the 2023 Midwest Conference Cup Soccer Tournament at the James W. Cownie Soccer Park in Des Moines, Iowa This three-day tournament happens on August 5 & 6 from 8 am to 8 pm for both youth and adults at James W. Cownie Soccer Complex. There will be three guaranteed games played by each team each day. Recreational and Select teams of boys and girls will include youth Ages 10 & Under, Ages 11 & Under, Ages 12 & Under, Ages 13 & Under, Ages 14 & Under, Ages 15 & Under, and Ages 16 & Under. The registration deadline is July 15. Youth teams will be awarded medals while first and second-place adult teams will receive cash awards and medals.
Adult Champions: $2,000 + Trophy + 25 medals + T-shirts
Adult Finalist: $1,000 + Trophy + 25 Medals
Youth Champions: 25 Medals
Youth Finalists: 25 Medals
Venue: James W. Cownie Soccer Compark
2600 Hartford Ave., Des Moines, IA 50320
Tournament Director: Coach JR: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration fee is $475.00 before July 15 and $500 after July 15. There will be a $50.00 commitment fee, which is part of the registration fee. All teams must complete their registration fee by 11:59 pm on July 18, 2023.
-Water will be placed in a bin around the fields. Water can also be found at the tournament registration table. We also encourage players to bring a water bottle and sunscreen. There will be a cooler with cold towels at the registration table for anyone who overheats. Be mindful to keep hydrated throughout the day as temperatures in Iowa can reach the high 90s.
A game forfeited will be declared a 1-0 score. In the event of a tie in points at the end of the bracket play, the winner for the advancement to the next round will be determined as follows:
1) The winner in the head-to-head competition. (If there is a 3-team tie, proceed to the next time breaker)
2) Goal differential, max of +/- per game.
3) Goals Against
4) Goals For
When the tiebreaker system is used, the criteria are followed from 1 through 4 until one team is eliminated and then the criteria start over at Rule#1. Rules are repeated until one team remains.
Game Sheets and Referees' Reports:
-All game sheets and referee reports must be returned to Tournament Headquarters, by the field marshal, as soon as possible after the completion of the game.
- Game sheets must be signed by the referee and one official from each team.
-Players coaches and spectators are expected to conduct themselves with the spirit of the laws as well as the letter of the law. The display of offensive language, temper, or dissent is cause for ejection from the game and field of play. Coaches shall be held responsible for the conduct of all persons on their team and those supporting the team.
-Each item shall share the same side of the field while spectators will occupy the opposite side.
Uniform and Equipment:
1) All team players must wear acceptable and nominally identical uniforms consisting of a shirt/ jersey/t-shirt, shorts, socks, shin guards, and suitable footwear.
2) All uniforms shall be appropriately numbered and such numbers shall coincide with the grams roster.
3) Goalkeepers must wear distinctly different uniforms from the other players on both teams.
4) In the event of a uniform color clash, the designed home team ( listed first on the schedule) will change colors.
5) Medical or Other Assistive Devices: Wrapped hard casts of any kind, metal, splints, or other devices shall be permitted only if they are inspected by, approved, and allowed by the referee of each match. The referee shall have full discretion in the matter, and the Tournament Committee cannot overrule his/her decision.
Any team that does not pay their registration fee by the deadline above will not be allowed in the tournament and any money paid before the tournament will be refunded. Tournament Cancelation Before Start: If the tournament is canceled and will not be rescheduled, the tournament will be refunded 100% of the team's entry fees paid. The reasons for cancellations might include weather, field usage, or sponsoring organization management decisions. Voluntary Withdrawal of Team from the Tournament: If a team withdraws from the tournament after the close of registration, the tournament reserves the right to hold all fees paid.
In case of weather delays or emergencies, please call 515-343-0149.